Downtown Ukiah, California, founded 1856, incorporated 1859, is enjoying a resurgence of both local and tourist traffic. Both new and established retail shops, restaurants, and professional services continue to propel the growth and vitality of Historic Ukiah's core business district.
This growth promises to continue assisted by aggressive regional marketing campaigns by Visit Ukiah, Visit Mendocino County, and the Arts Council of Mendocino County.
Our strong and active Greater Ukiah Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Development Department of the City of Ukiah also work to ensure organization, coordination, development and support for business and industry throughout the county, with planned and balanced growth a priority as we move forward in the 21st century. Historic Downtown Ukiah serves as the seat of both city and county government and is easily accessible from Hwy 101.
- State and federal tax incentives
- City of Ukiah Economic Development Department
- Commercial and residential property within the Historic District
- Listings of licensed real estate professionals
- New business start-ups and relocating/expanding established businesses
- Contractors and sub-contractors recommended by local property owners
- Guide books and brochures on the Historic Downtown and the arts, antiques, specialty shops and restaurants
- Information on City ordinances, utilities, licenses and contacts within City government
Link to www.cityofukiah.com/businesses
Some additional contacts for your business needs are:
Business Service Resources (707) 463-5710
Mendocino Private Industry Council (707) 468-1196
Mendocino Works (707) 463-1196
Ukiah Chamber of Commerce (707) 462-4705
WEST Company (707) 468-3533
Economic Development & Financing Corporation (707) 467-5953